UNIVERSITY OF NORTHERN BRITISH COLUMBIA (PRINCE GEORGE)
Nestled amidst the breathtakingly beautiful and charming province of Northern British Columbia, the University of Northern British Columbia (Prince George) stands tall as one of the best research-intensive educational institutions in British Columbia, Canada. Dispersing knowledge and maintaining a learning environment that is supportive and inclusive, the university aims to celebrate and foster academic excellence and instill a strong sense of purpose and ownership among its students. With the largest campus located in Prince George, the university has several other regional campuses and satellite locations.
VISION, MISSION, AND VALUES OF THE UNIVERSITY OF NORTHERN BRITISH COLUMBIA (PRINCE GEORGE):
Also known as Canada’s Green University, the University of Northern British Columbia (Prince George) is presently home to 4,253 students. There are about 3,524 undergraduates and 736 graduate students enrolled in various programmes at the university. UNBC is home to more than 400 international students from over 40 different nations. The university boasts of a culturally diverse student body, as 11% of the entire student population comprises international students.
UNBC aims to provide a safe and challenging learning environment where students develop their leadership skills and push their limits to achieve perfection. The university aims to help students stretch their boundaries through academic discussion and debate as well as opportunities to collaborate closely with teachers and staff on research projects and a variety of activities that enhances student life and addresses the needs of the community.
The founders of the university envisioned an institution that transforms the lives of its students.
The university is committed to work that is both productive and positive and values experiential learning and discovery, inclusiveness and diversity, community, integrity, and academic excellence.
UNIVERSITY OF NORTHERN BRITISH COLUMBIA (PRINCE GEORGE) RANKINGS:
University of Northern British Columbia is one of the four British Columbian institutions that are classified among the top 50 research universities in Canada.
|Rankings published in Maclean’s Magazine||UNBC has been ranked second in the latest edition of the magazine and has been scoring well in several categories.|
|Times Higher Education World University Rankings||UNBC is the only Canadian University to be included in the rankings.|
|Canada’s Green University||UNBC adopted the trademark of Canada’s Green University in 2007.|
|Top 50 Research-University Rankings||UNBC is one of four universities in British Columbia included in these rankings.|
|BC’s Top Employers, 2021||UNBC has been recognized as one of BC’s Top Employers due to its professional development programmes.|
|Canada’s Greenest Employers, 2021||UNBC is the only employer included in this list by Mediacorp Canada Inc.|
|Education Quality Assurance, British Columbia||UNBC is a designated EQA educational institution by the Government of British Columbia.|
WHY STUDY AT THE UNIVERSITY OF NORTHERN BRITISH COLUMBIA (PRINCE GEORGE)?
Founded in the year of 1990, the University of Northern British Columbia (Prince George) is amongst the most well-known research-intensive educational institutes of British Columbia. Every year, thousands of students from all walks of life come to seek admission at the university. The reasons why the institution stands as the most preferred among aspiring international students are varied and myriad.
- There are more than 60 academic, social, and cultural organizations at the institution. 70 intramural teams compete in eight divisions at UNBC, along with several varsity sporting teams.
- The University of Northern British Columbia’s main campus is equipped with amenities such as a library, cafeteria areas, parking, a bookstore, a copy center, and a childcare facility.
- Students can discover everything Prince George has to offer after seeing the campuses. The city of Prince George offers a wide range of activities, right from bicycling to sunbathing at Shane Lake.
- The institution provides a number of scholarships, ranging in value from 500 to 6,000 USD, to help deserving students cover the expenses of their education.
- More than 60 undergraduate degrees and a wide range of graduate programmes are open to international applicants at UNBC. The university is most popular in the fields of medicine, business, science, the environment, and culture.
- Acceptance rates at the University of Northern British Columbia range from 70 to 75 per cent.
- UNBC is home to more than 400 international students from over 40 different nations.
- The university boasts of a culturally diverse student body, as 11% of the entire student population comprises international students.
- The university aims to celebrate and foster academic excellence and instill a strong sense of purpose and ownership among its students.
Students at the University of Northern British Columbia (Prince George) have access to a wide range of student facilities and services. Some of the advantages of studying at the University of Northern British Columbia (Prince George) are stated as follows:
- A sense of community and a diverse student population.
- Holistic support services to students, staff, and faculty.
- Orientation for new students and their families to learn about the campus and its facilities.
- Welcoming college environment.
- Soccer and basketball teams.
- 60 academic, cultural, social, and service student-led organizations.
- Access to the campus radio station.
- The picturesque location of Prince George for rejuvenation and recreation.
LIST OF PROGRAMS AND COURSES:
The University of Northern British Columbia offers a wide range of academic courses and disciplines to its students. Students have the opportunity to explore sciences, economies, health, and cultures. The university offers a total of 67 Bachelor’s Degree programs, 23 graduate degree programs, graduate certificate courses, and doctorate degrees.
|Programs||Total Annual Fees|
|Master of Science (M.S.), Biochemistry||INR 9,30,579|
|Master of Science (M.S.), Computer Science||INR 27,88,634|
|Master of Science (M.S), Psychology||INR 10,54,118|
|Master of Nursing (M.S.N), Family Nurse Practitioner||INR 23,46,314|
|Master of Science in Nursing (M.S.N)||INR 3,93,463|
|Master of Engineering (M.Eng) Integrated Wood Design||INR 6,72,140|
|Master of Science (M.S), Health Science||INR 3,93,463|
|Master of Science (M.Sc.), Business Administration||INR 4,65,228|
|Master of Business Administration (M.B.A)||INR 10,54,118|
HOW TO APPLY?
The University of Northern British Columbia (Prince George) conducts three academic intakes in the months of Fall, Winter, and Spring. The admission requirements are different for undergraduate students and post-graduate students respectively. If you are interested in applying to the University of Northern British Columbia (Prince George), then you must make sure to follow the below-mentioned instructions for the admission process:
- Interested students must apply online through the Application Portal.
- All students must pay the application fees of 125 USD (undergraduate students) and 153 USD (post-graduate students).
FOR UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS:
- All students are required to score a minimum average grade of 61% in class 12th.
- All students must submit scanned copies of official transcripts and documents from any previously attended educational institutions.
- All students must submit their English Language Proficiency Test Scores meeting the following requirements:
FOR GRADUATE STUDENTS:
- All students are required to submit their official high school or college transcripts and documents.
- Students must submit their respective GRE scores (if any)
- Applications for accommodation and scholarships must also be submitted.
- Students must submit their Letters of Intent.
- All students must submit 3 Letters of Recommendation.
- Students must also submit their English Language Proficiency Test Scores meeting the following requirements:
- TOEFL iBT: 90
- IELTS: 6.5
- PTE: 65
COST OF LIVING IN CANADA:
For any international student wanting to study abroad, it is extremely important to consider the costs of living so as to better prepare for their finances and maintain a cost-effective budget which would make the immigration process hassle-free and smooth.
|Type of fee||UG Cost (in INR)||PG Cost (in INR)|
|Full-time tuition||14.74 lakhs||4.63 lakhs|
|Student fees||64,010||1.17 lakhs|
|Total||15.97 lakhs||6.8 lakhs|
SCHOLARSHIPS OF THE UNIVERSITY OF NORTHERN BRITISH COLUMBIA:
The University of Northern British Columbia offers scholarships to its students, helping them to aid their educational expenses. To apply for these scholarships, it is important for students to duly fill out the application form of the university. The university offers the following two scholarships:
- President’s Silver Anniversary Award for Excellence in Leadership- 6,000 USD 1st yr / 5,500 USD 3 yrs.
- Raven Scholarship Early Entrance Awards- 5,500 USD
- UNBC Leadership Award Early Entrance Awards- 3,000 USD
WHY ALWAYS CONSIDER BASICS OF IMMIGRATION?
- Expert Visa counselors provide Step-by-step guidance through a secure, online process.
- Apt evaluation of credentials and faster visa processing.
- Identifying all potential hazards and roadblocks in securing a visa.
- Assistance with documentation, immigration rules, citizenship, and border control procedures.
- Multiple case assessment for better conflict resolution.
- Designated process managers to provide personalized guidance.
Just like the basics of anything act as “building blocks” forming a strong foundation for constructing complex structures. The Basics of Immigration serve as the foundational elements of moving abroad, for any aspiring immigrant.