COLLEGE OF THE ROCKIES(CRANBROOK)
Located in the Canadian province of British Columbia, the College of the Rockies has been training young minds since 1975. With its main campus in Cranbrook, the College also has several regional campuses in Kimberley, Creston, Golden, Fernie, and Invermere. This public community college aspires to transform and enrich lives by means of high-quality education. Furthermore, it attempts to deliver a personalized learning experience to its learners. Offering a vast array of excellent academic courses and programs, the College is amongst the favorite study destinations of most international students.
|Year of Establishment||1975|
|Type of University||Public|
|Mode of Program||Online/On Campus/Blended|
|Application Fees||30 CAD|
|On- Campus Residence||Available|
WHY CHOOSE THE COLLEGE OF THE ROCKIES (CRANBROOK)?
The College of the Rockies takes immense pride in the diverse courses it offers its students. Each year, the College welcomes approximately 200 international students from more than 30 countries. With the benefit of a delightful climate and picturesque sites, it is also an extremely well-connected area.
There are several reasons as to why you should choose the College of the Rockies over any other educational institution, some of which include the following-
- Small class sizes ensure better teacher-student interactions and focused sessions.
- A culturally diverse student body comprising people from distinctly diverse cultural backgrounds and ethos creates a wonderfully vibrant atmosphere.
- The picturesque location and breathtaking landscape are where lifestyle and learning come together.
- Convenient accommodation and easy availability of student housing.
- Advanced technology.
- Best support services.
- Professional and friendly staff dedicated to student success.
The College of the Rockies boasts of its student services and vibrant student life. Every year, a vast multitude of international students come to the province of British Columbia to seek admission to the College of the Rockies. The campus takes immense pride in its culturally vibrant and diverse student body.
The campus offers several facilities that are designed to meet the comforts of the students. Some of these facilities are mentioned below-
- Libraries with individual study rooms, computer labs, quiet areas, and group study rooms.
- Transport facilities including campus bus service, campus parking, and airport shuttle service.
- IT support and wireless connectivity in the campus.
- Individual praying rooms.
- Restaurants and cafes.
- Sports facilities.
- Healthcare and Medical Services, including counseling and mental health services.
- Student Tutoring and Support, Academic Tutoring and Support, and Peer and Buddy program.
- Fitness center, fitness classes, machines, and spin studios.
- Clubs and organizations.
- All-weather sports pitches.
PROGRAMS AND COURSES
The College of the Rockies is well-known for its diverse range of specialty courses to offer its students. The College also offers dual degree programs. The most popular programs, amongst several others, include Business Administration and Nursing.
Given below are the list of popular programs/courses available for the students-
- Tourism Management -Cert
- Social Work (Pre-Major)- AA
- Practical Nursing Diploma- UGDip
- Mountain Adventure Skill Training- Cert
- Environmental Studies- Cert
- Hospitality Management- UGDip
- Fine Arts- Cert
- Engineering- Cert
- Criminal and Social Justice- Cert
- Certified Dental Assistant- Cert
Each year, thousands of students seek admission to the College of the Rockies for its amazing repertoire of academic courses. If you wish to apply to the College of the Rockies, you have to follow the below-mentioned steps-
- Choose your program of study – the Educational Advisors will help you find the program that suits your skills.
- Submit an online application at EducationPlannerBC.
- Wait for Letter of Acceptance
Candidates need to have the following documents ready while applying for the University-
- Official transcripts of previously attended educational institutions.
- Scanned copy of Passport ID pages.
- Proof of English Language Proficiency through standard tests like IELTS and TOEFL.
- Statement of Purpose.
- Letter of Recommendation.
- Proof of funds.
- Any other supporting documents.
|Tests||Minimum Required Score for Undergraduate and Graduate students|
COST OF ATTENDANCE
When moving abroad, it is extremely important to take note of the inherent expenses involved. This enables you to better prepare for your finances and maintain a cost-effective budget. Given below is the list of expenses that you would need to consider when moving to Canada–
|Expenses||Cost In CAD per semester|
|Room and Board||5000-10000|
|Bus pass fees||67|
|Health and dental fee||229.50|
International students seeking to apply for admission at College of the Rockies can apply for scholarships which would help them with funding their education. Students are offered a range of benefits that help fund their education. Some of these are stated below-
|Name of Scholarship||Award (in CAD)||Eligibility Criteria|
|Career and Job fair Entrance Awards||1500||For BBA or Business Management freshmen|
|Chevron Canada Resources/Molnar Bursary||1000||For Engineering or University Studies Sciences Program.|
|College of the Rockies Entrance Award for Licensed Practical Nursing||1000||For the nursing program students in September.|
|College of the Rockies Rockies Entrance Awards for University Studies-Arts and Sciences||1,000||For Arts and Sciences students for fall 2023-24.|
|Professional Cook Training Entrance Bursary||Up to 750||For Professional Cook Training program -Cook 1 in September 2023|
WHY ALWAYS CONSIDER BASICS OF IMMIGRATION?
- Expert Visa counselors provide Step-by-step guidance through a secure, online process.
- Apt evaluation of credentials and faster visa processing.
- Identifying all potential hazards and roadblocks in securing a visa.
- Assistance with documentation, immigration rules, citizenship, and border control procedures.
- Multiple case assessment for better conflict resolution.
- Designated process managers to provide personalized guidance.
Just like the basics of anything act as “building blocks” forming a strong foundation for constructing complex structures. The Basics of Immigration serve as the foundational elements of moving abroad, for any aspiring immigrant.