COURSES IN CANADA AFTER GRADUATION
Approximately 15-20 universities in Canada offer internationally recognized courses, research-based or otherwise. Most Canadian universities are publicly funded.
Because of high-quality education and greater job opportunities, with several employment benefits, many students move to Canada to pursue courses in Canada after graduation. Studying in Canada grants exposure to industry-based projects and internships, which enhance their skills and professional development.
QUICK FACT CHECK!
- Of 96 Canadian Universities, 26 are ranked under the QS World University Ranking 2020.
- Canada counts as the top 5th country to provide high-quality education according to the QS Higher Education System Strength Ranking 2018.
- There are three intakes under the Canada intake system (in January, May, and September, respectively).
- Canada allows graduates to gain a post-graduation work permit after completing their studies.
WHY SHOULD YOU OPT FOR COURSES IN CANADA AFTER GRADUATION?
Students should opt for courses in Canada after graduation for the following reasons listed as under-.
- The diverse nature of Canadian society brings in a global perspective and cultural exposure.
- The educational sector receives much government spending, ensuring high-quality education.
- High standards of living
- A bilingual country, in the sense that it offers two official languages- English and French, thereby helping students develop language skills
- Post-study work opportunities, as students become eligible for a work permit after finishing their studies
BENEFITS OF STUDYING COURSES IN CANADA AFTER GRADUATION
Studying in Canadian universities after graduation entitles you to wide-ranging benefits. Some of them are listed below-
- Students studying in Canadian universities are entitled to a 100% scholarship.
- Access to world-ranking universities.
- Low tuition fees.
- The opportunity of working part-time
- Students become eligible for a post-study work visa after completing their studies
LIST OF THE BEST COURSES TO DO IN CANADA AFTER GRADUATION
Following is the list of the best courses that are in demand in Canada after graduation-
- Accounting and Finance
- Information Technology and Computer Science
- Human Resources
- Business Management
- Health and Medicine
- Project Management
- Media and Journalism
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR STUDYING COURSES IN CANADA AFTER GRADUATION
If you wish to apply to a Canadian university for a postgraduate study program, you must you meet the eligibility conditions mentioned below-
- Proof of completion of 10th, 12th, and graduation
- Completion of a Bachelor’s Degree from any recognized institution
- Statement of Purpose (SOP)
- Reference letters (minimum 2) from previous professors
- Medical certificates
- Certificates signifying achievements
- Financial proof
- Work experience of at least a year or two to gain entry into any Canadian university for a postgraduate study program
- Letter of Recommendation from the previous place of work
- Proof of English language proficiency, for example, IELTS, with a minimum score of 6, GMAT, TOEFL or any other
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
|Tests||Diploma/Certificate||Postgraduate||GBC Degree Programs|
|IELTS (Academic)||6.0 overall, minimum 5.5 in each skill band||6.5 overall, minimum 6.0 in each skill band||6.5 overall, minimum 6.0 in each skill band|
|TOEFL||80 overall, minimum 20 in each skill band||88 overall, minimum 22 in each skill band||84 overall, minimum 21 in each skill band|
|PTE (Academic)||54 overall, minimum 50 in each skill band||60 overall, minimum 55 in each skill band||60 overall, minimum 55 in each skill band|
PERCENTAGE REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDYING COURSES IN CANADA AFTER GRADUATION
For Diploma programs-
- Minimum of 60% in 10th and 12th in all streams
- 50% in math in both 10th and 12th, for students applying in Information and Technology, Construction, and Engineering
For Post-graduate programs-
- First and Second class degree results
- The alternate class degree result must have a minimal overall normal of 55% for Business programs and 60% for all other aqueducts.
- Fashion programs require a first class degree with a minimum of 70%
STUDYING COURSES IN CANADA AFTER GRADUATION IN COMMERCE
Following are the courses you could study after graduating in Commerce-
- Mathematics (Mathematics Compulsory)
- Economics – Microeconomics & Macroeconomics
- Human Resource Management
STUDYING COURSES IN CANADA AFTER GRADUATION IN ARTS
Following are the courses you can opt for after graduating in Arts/BA-
- Master of Arts in Planning
- MA in Intercultural and International Communication
- Masters in Administrative Science
- MA in Public and Pastoral Leadership
- MA in Anthropology
- MA in Media and Public Relations
- MA in Professional Communication
- MA in Conflict Analysis and Management
STUDYING COURSES IN CANADA AFTER GRADUATION IN SCIENCE
Following are the courses you can opt for after graduating in Science-
- Agricultural Sciences
- Health and Medicine
- Environmental Science
- Biomedical and Life Sciences
- Computing and Information Technology
COST STRUCTURE WHEN STUDYING IN CANADA AFTER GRADUATION
|Sr. No.||Area of Study||Average Annual Tution Fee in CA$||Average Annual Tution Fee Cost in INR|
|2||IT & ComputerScience||15,015||780,780|
|3||Physical & LifeSciences||14,502||754,104|
|7||Visual & Performing Arts||13,636||709,072|
JOB OPPORTUNITIES AFTER STUDYING COURSES IN CANADA AFTER GRADUATION
- Every student is allowed to work in Canada for as long as the duration of his/her degree
- If he/she wishes to work beyond that specified time, they must apply for the Post-Graduate Work Permit Program (PGWPP), within 90 days time, after the completion of the course.
- The entry-level job salary for individuals range from CAD$50,000 to CAD$60,000 on an annual basis.
Therefore, considering the exceptional growth of the Canadian educational sector, and the prevalence of better job opportunities, comprehensive study programs, employment benefits, and cost effectiveness, it is immensely beneficial for international students to consider courses in Canada after graduation.
WHY ALWAYS CONSIDER BASICS OF IMMIGRATION?
- Expert Visa counselors provide Step-by-step guidance through a secure, online process.
- Apt evaluation of credentials and faster visa processing.
- Identifying all potential hazards and roadblocks in securing a visa.
- Assistance with documentation, immigration rules, citizenship, and border control procedures.
- Multiple case assessment for better conflict resolution.
- Designated process managers to provide personalized guidance.
Just like the basics of anything act as “building blocks” forming a strong foundation for constructing complex structures. The Basics of Immigration serve as the foundational elements of moving abroad, for any aspiring immigrant.