CANADA STUDY VISA
Canada has always been a student-friendly nation because of the availability of high-quality education in the country at affordable rates. Since 2015, the international student population in Canada has rapidly increased by 43%, which indicates that Canada is considered one of the best study locations by students worldwide. Indian students comprise up to 34% of Canada’s foreign student population.Intakes in Canadian educational institutions while on a Canada study visa.
INTAKES IN CANADIAN EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS WHILE ON A CANADA STUDY VISA.
There are three intakes under which students can apply for admission to Canadian universities and colleges.
- Fall Intake – September to December
- Winter Intake – January to April
- Summer Intake – May to August
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDYING IN CANADA?
There are different admission criteria for different educational institutions and study programs. Here are some of the basic requirements that students have to fulfil before they apply for admission in any Canadian education institute.
- In order to enroll in an undergraduate program, students must have completed Grade 12 with at least 50% in academics.
- To enroll for a Postgraduate program, students must have scored at least 55% & above in graduation degree.
- Must have achieved a minimum of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) Level 7 equivalent score in language proficiency tests (IELTS, TOEFL, PET, CELPIP, etc).
- To enroll in a Master’s Degree Program, students need to have completed 16 years of education (10+2+4) or equivalent (65% or above in graduation).
- Experience in relevant fields of study and a GMAT score of 550 or higher are required for enrollment in an MBA program. (Conditions Applicable).
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE CANADIAN STUDY PERMIT?
FOLLOW THE STEPS MENTIONED BELOW TO APPLY FOR THE CANADA STUDY VISA:
Research about the program you want to pursue in Canada
Select the universities that offer your program or course
Apply to University
Receive your Letter of Acceptance (LOI) to a Canadian Designated Learning Institution
Check your eligibility for Canada Study visa
Gather all necessary documents
Apply for the Canada study Visa
Submit your visa application with all necessary documents
Your visa application will be evaluated by immigration authority
If your application get approved, you will receive your Canada study Visa
WHAT ARE THE CANADA STUDY VISA APPLICATION FEES?
The application fees for the Study permit Canada is mentioned below in the table:
|Canada Study Visa Fees||CAD$150|
|Biometrics Fee (Per Person)||CAD$85|
WHAT IS THE CANADA STUDY VISA PROCESSING TIME?
Canada Study Visa processing time is approximately 30 to 45 business days. Students should know that the visa processing time begins when the Canada immigration authority receives your study visa application.
WHAT ARE THE TOP COLLEGES IN CANADA?
Canada is home to the world’s top universities & colleges that offer some of the best courses. Underlined below are top Canadian universities and colleges that you should consider:
|Canadian University/Colleges||Average Fees (CAD)|
|University of Toronto||$36,017|
|University of British Columbia||$29,499|
|Université de Montréal||$41,880|
|University of Alberta||$19,170|
|University of Waterloo||$31,444|
|University of Calgary||$14,878|
WHAT ARE THE TOP ACADEMIC COURSES IN CANADA?
Underlined below are the Canadian study programs and their average fees structure:
|Study Program||Average fees(in CAD*)|
|Undergraduate Program||$12,000 to $40,000 per year|
|Postgraduate master’s Program||$16,000 to $36,000 per year|
|Doctoral Degree||$7,000 to $10,000 per year|
COST OF LIVING IN CANADA FOR INDIAN STUDENTS
The table below shows the average cost of living in Canada for Indian students:
|Expenses||Average Cost Monthly (CAD)||Average Cost Annually (CAD)|
|Accommodation||$300 – $850||$4,500 – $10,000|
|Types of Accommodation||—||—|
|Shared accommodation Off-campus||$400 – $700||$4,800 – $8,400|
|1 BHK in City Center||$1,200 – $1,500||15984|
|1 BHK Outside of Centre||$1100 – $1,300||13476|
|Food||$300 – $400||$3,500 – $5,000|
|Bills & Utilities||$150 – $200||$2,000 – $2,400|
|Average Cost of living||$1,250 – $1,700||$15,000 – $20,000|
|For a single student, excluding rent||$880 – $1,000||$10,560 – $12,000|
|Health Insurance||$300 – $800||$3,600 – $9,600|
WHY ALWAYS CONSIDER BASICS OF IMMIGRATION?
- Expert Visa counselors provide Step-by-step guidance through a secure, online process.
- Apt evaluation of credentials and faster visa processing.
- Identifying all potential hazards and roadblocks in securing a visa.
- Assistance with documentation, immigration rules, citizenship, and border control procedures.
- Multiple case assessment for better conflict resolution.
- Designated process managers to provide personalized guidance.
Just like the basics of anything act as “building blocks” forming a strong foundation for constructing complex structures. The Basics of Immigration serve as the foundational elements of moving abroad, for any aspiring immigrant.