HOW TO GET ECA FROM THE MEDICAL COUNCIL OF CANADA
Kickstart your medical career in Canada started with MCC’s ECA. Indian licenses are not acknowledged. Learn about CRS too.
Are you trying to kickstart your medical career in Canada? Do you know that Canadian authorities do not acknowledge Indian licenses? Getting a medical license in Canada requires the education credentials assessment by the Medical Council of Canada.
MORE ABOUT THE MEDICAL COUNCIL OF CANADA
The Medical Council of Canada is an organization that deals with the examinations and assessments of Canadian and foreign physicians/medical students. The primary responsibility of MCC is to extend support for research and development in the medical field.
MCC has got approval from the Immigration, Refugee, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to grant LMCC to foreign immigrants seeking licensure to start their practice in Canada. MCC offers the following services apart from supporting provincial medical councils in Canada.
- Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) reports
- Document Translation
- Source Verification
- Storage for International Medical Credentials
WHY CHOOSE THE MEDICAL COUNCIL OF CANADA FOR GETTING AN ECA?
There are a total of six organizations that evaluate and compare a foreign medical degree to the Canadian education system. Medical Council is the only institute to assess degrees received in the medical line.
Candidates applying for Canada Immigration through Express Entry Program or Federal Skilled Worker Program can prove their eligibility for LMCC from the Medical Council of Canada.
Choose MCC if you need any getting any of these documents assessed.
- Medical degrees
- Medical diplomas
- Medical transcripts
MEDICAL LICENSE TO PRACTICE IN CANADIAN PROVINCES
As mentioned, MCC does not have the authority to grant a medical license. It only acknowledges your eligibility to work as a physician in Canada. Since Canada has several provinces, these provinces have a unique Medical Regulatory Authority. Physicians submit a separate licensing application to the MCA of the relevant Province.
Unique MRA for Canadian Provinces
|Province Name||Medical Regulation Authority|
|Alberta||College of Physicians & Surgeons of Alberta|
|British Columbia||College of Physicians and Surgeons of British Columbia|
|Manitoba||College of Physicians and Surgeons of Manitoba|
|New Brunswick||College of Physicians and Surgeons of New Brunswick|
|Newfoundland and Labrador||College of Physicians and Surgeons of Newfoundland & Labrador|
|Northwest Territories||Registrar, Professional Licensing, Department of Health and Social Services, Government of Northwest Territories|
|Nova Scotia||College of Physicians and Surgeons of Nova Scotia|
|Nunavut||Registrar, Health Professions, Department of Health, Government of Nunavut, Government of Nunavut|
|Ontario||College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario|
|Prince Edward Island||College of Physicians and Surgeons of Prince Edward Island|
|Quebec||Collège des médecins du Québec|
|Saskatchewan||College of Physicians and Surgeons of Saskatchewan|
|Yukon||Yukon Medical Council, Government of Yukon|
EDUCATION CREDENTIAL ASSESSMENT FOR NON-MEDICAL PROFESSIONS
The Medical Council of Canada only evaluates the medical degrees, diplomas, and certificates acquired outside Canada. It is not responsible for the assessment of educational credentials assessment of non-medical certificates. Candidates requiring inspection of documents other than medical streams should connect with any of these institutes.
- World Education Services (WES)
- Comparative Education Service (CES)
- International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS)
- International Credential Evaluation Service (ICES)
- International Credential Assessment Service (ICAS)
Candidates seeking a career as a Pharmacist require connecting with the Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada (PEBC).
HOW TO GET ECA FROM THE MEDICAL COUNCIL OF CANADA?
The process of getting ECA from MCC is slightly different from other organizations since the profession of physicians is regulated. Check for the eligibility criteria before applying for the ECA from the Medical Council of Canada.
- You are an international medical graduate
- You have already got your degree or diploma source verified from the MCC
Online Application for ECA
- Sign in to physiciansapply.ca using your details
- Click on Other Service Request
- Select Educational Credentials Assessment Report from the available options.
- Payment of ECA Fee
LOOK AT MCC CANADA FEES STRUCTURE
|Account Setup Charges||$CAD 304, non- refundable account fee|
|Document verification fee||$CAD 185 for each document|
|Translation Fee||$CAD 140 per page, if the document is not in English or French|
|ECA Report delivery with additional copies||$CAD 144|
|LMCC Application Fee||$CAD 250|
APPLY FOR LMCC FROM THE MEDICAL COUNCIL OF CANADA
Canadian medical students and practitioners follow a similar route to licensure designed by the Medical Council of Canada. Here is the stepwise process of getting a Licentiate from the Medical Council of Canada (LMCC).
- Ensure that your medical institute is recognized in Canada. Visit the official website of the World Directory of Medical Schools, and get a FAIMER school ID.
- Start preparation for the MCCQE. It is an examination to check candidates’ eligibility for practicing medicine in Canada.
- Sign up at physiciansapply.com for MCCQE Test and pay the required amount
- Submit your medical documents for assessment and verification
- Appear for the Medical Council of Canada Qualifying Examination (MCCQE) Part I at your nearest test centers.
Post Migration Requisites
- Attempt the National Assessment Collaboration (NAC) Examination to apply for a residency position.
- Participate in a practice-ready assessment (PRA) program.
Note – Medical Council of Canada does not grant medical licenses.
MEDICAL COUNCIL OF CANADA – PROCESSING TIME
MCC extends various services, and Education Credentials Assessment is one of them. The processing time for all these services is different. The maximum time to generate and send an ECA report is 14 Calender days after submitting a complete application.
CONTACT BOI FOR EFFORTLESS IMMIGRATION TO CANADA
- Personalized Support
- Legal Expertise
- Guided Documentation
- Interview Preparation Assistance
- Complementary Courses for Specific Occupations
- Excellent Customer Support
- IELTS Assistance
WHY ALWAYS CONSIDER BASICS OF IMMIGRATION?
- Expert Visa counselors provide Step-by-step guidance through a secure, online process.
- Apt evaluation of credentials and faster visa processing.
- Identifying all potential hazards and roadblocks in securing a visa.
- Assistance with documentation, immigration rules, citizenship, and border control procedures.
- Multiple case assessment for better conflict resolution.
- Designated process managers to provide personalized guidance.
Just like the basics of anything act as “building blocks” forming a strong foundation for constructing complex structures. The Basics of Immigration serve as the foundational elements of moving abroad, for any aspiring immigrant.