The Hong Kong Permanent Residency or Right of Abode in Hong Kong allows foreign immigrants to become permanent residents of Hong Kong after residing in the country for seven years or more. Hong Kong is an immigrant-friendly city, with immigrants accounting for nearly 71% of the total population.
What are the benefits a Hong Kong permanent resident has?
A Hong Kong permanent resident enjoys the following benefits :
- Quality healthcare and education at a reasonable cost.
- Right to vote in local elections
- Low tax rates
- Access to government schemes
What are the different pathways for Hong Kong permanent residency?
To obtain a Hong Kong permanent residency visa, an applicant can choose from the following three recognized pathways :
- QMAS visa – This path has been specifically intended for highly qualified and educated international professionals who can contribute to the growth of Hong Kong’s economy.
- COE (Certificate of Entitlement) -This option is only available to Chinese nationals born outside of Hong Kong to a Chinese citizen who has lived in Hong Kong for seven years or longer.
- Dependents -It is intended for dependents of foreign immigrants who seek to live in Hong Kong.
Who can acquire Hong Kong PR?
Who can acquire Hong Kong PR?
According to the Hong Kong Basic Law, any of the following can acquire a Hong Kong PR :
- Foreign immigrants who have lawfully resided in Hong Kong for 7 or more years/
- Foreign immigrants under the age of 21 were born to a parent who had permanent residency in Hong Kong.
- Chinese national born outside Hong Kong to a parent who had permanent residency in Hong Kong SAR.
- Chinese national born in Hong Kong
- Chinese national living in Hong Kong for 7 years.
What are the eligibility requirements for the Hong Kong PR?
Hong Kong PR eligibility prerequisites are listed below :
- must be of age 18 years or above
- Should have no criminal record
- Should be proficient in English or Mandarin
- Must have basic education
- Should be financially stable
How to apply for Hong Kong permanent residency?
To acquire a Hong Kong PR, the candidate has to go through the following steps :
- Step 1 – Collect all prerequisite documents.
- Step 2 – The applicant will be evaluated and ranked under the General Points Test or Achievement-based Points Test.
- Step 3 – Candidates will be further evaluated based on the socio-economic needs of Hong Kong SAR.
- Step 4 – Get the Approval-in-principle letter upon approval.
- Step 5 – Get a work permit/entry visa for Hong Kong PR visa for Indian or QMAS visa for Indian.
What is the cost and processing time for the Hong Kong PR and the QMAS visa?
Although the processing time for the Hong Kong PR is unspecified yet considering the recent trends, the average application processing time for the Hong Kong permanent residence visa is around 8-10 months including the entire immigration process and getting the approval letter from the Hong Kong immigration authorities whereas QMAS processing time is around 2 to 3 months.
The cost of Hong Kong PR is approximately HKD 135 whereas the QMAS visa fee is HKD 230.
Why trust BOI services?
- Authorized and licensed Immigration Consultancy.
- Check eligibility based on the latest immigration rules & regulations
- Ensure a safe and transparent online process.
- Complaint resolution system to provide excellent customer support
- Profiles are evaluated with specially designed services
- Cases are assessed & rectified multiple times before submission
BOI Services is one of the best Immigration Consultancy in New Delhi, widely regarded as one of the most reputed and trusted Immigration Consultancy in India by its customers. We have helped hundreds of visionary people to successfully immigrate to Hong Kong through QMAS Visa. Our trained, well-versed, and experienced Immigration Experts are dedicated to support you with your immigration process.