The Provincial Nominee Programme (PNP) is where the majority of Canada’s economic immigrant permanent residents come from. According to the Immigration Levels Plan 2023-2025, Over 117,500 new PNP permanent residents are expected to arrive in Canada each year by 2025..
PNPs help distribute the economic advantages of immigration around the nation, rather than having the bulk of immigrants reside in a handful of Canada’s big areas, as was the case before to the program’s inception in 1998.
The provinces can invite candidates for provincial nomination since immigration is a shared responsibility of both the federal and provincial governments. Quebec is unusual in that it has complete control over the entry of economic and skilled immigrants. There are different requirements, eligibility, etc to enter Quebec as a permanent resident. Since French is the official language of Quebec, it requires language proficiency assessment.
How to become a permanent resident in quebec?
In Quebec, those who wish to settle use a different assessment system than those who wish to settle elsewhere in Canada. It is the province that administers Quebec’s immigration programs, which are different from Canada’s. If you wish to stay in Quebec permanently then applying for permanent residency through one of the skilled worker programs called Quebec immigration Program for skilled workers is the right choice. However, Quebec has a very different provision for the rest of provisions in Canada, it has its own program to invite directly to the provision.
Provincial Immigration Results April 2023 in four provisions
- On April 25, British Columbia invited 168 applicants in three targeted drawings.
- Candidates for the BC PNP must fulfil the Skills Immigration Registration System (SIRS) minimum cut-off scores. This is similar to the Express Entry Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS), except it is just for individuals who want a provincial nomination from British Columbia.
- The largest draw sought 113 applicants with a technical vocation and SIRS scores of at least 90. As part of the second draw, 28 individuals were selected who were working in Childcare: Early Childhood Educators and Assistants (NOC 42202). A minimum score of 60 was necessary for candidates.
- The third draw attracted 27 candidates with minimum scores of 60 in healthcare jobs.
- Earlier this week, Alberta announced three draws for its Alberta Advantage Immigration Program (AAIP). Express Entry was also available to all candidates.
- First, on April 20, 152 Albertans with a major occupation in demand and a family connection were targeted. The CRS scores ranged from 300 to 500.
- On April 24, 124 individuals were asked to participate in a draw targeting a priority sector – construction occupations with an Alberta employment offer. The minimum CRS score required to be invited was 301.
- The final draw was held on April 25th, and eight candidates were chosen from the Designated Healthcare Pathway, Alberta job offer stream. The applicant with the lowest CRS score had a score of 316.
- In 2023, Alberta is anticipated to invite up to 9,750 applicants through the AAIP. The Dedicated Healthcare Pathway is likely to attract the most Express Entry candidates in the province, with 1,462 expected to be invited.
- 1020 Quebec Skilled Worker Program applicants were invited on April 20 to apply for permanent residency in Canada. All candidates had a score of 598 or above and genuine employment offers outside of the Communauté métropolitaine de Montréal.
- While Quebec has complete control over the selection of economic immigrants, candidates who obtain a Quebec Selection Certificate must still apply for permanent residence with Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
- Manitoba solicited 558 letters of recommendation for applicants in the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Programme (MPNP) Skilled Workers Overseas stream. To be qualified, candidates needed a minimum score of 616. If you have read the previous blog about Latest Manitoba’s Draw Invites Only Skilled Workers, With CRS Of 616!. This is the only draw where Manitoba invites candidates through PNP in 2023
- Only candidates who claimed to work in a regulated occupation and to be duly licenced to operate in Manitoba were picked in this draw. One of the key benefits of applying to the MPNP is that it offers a very simple and fair manner of applying for Canada PR. The MPNP provides immigration streams for a variety of candidates, including skilled professionals, entrepreneurs, foreign students, and others.