Australia is one of the best destinations for students who want to study abroad, students who want to study in Australia get a wide variety of options to select courses or programs. Australia is home to many top universities in the world, you will be excited to know that eight Australian universities have ranked in the top 100 universities in the world. Australia offers world-class education to immigrants which makes it one of the most popular destinations among students. According to a report the number of international students in Australia has surpassed 6,37,000.
If you are an Indian and have a dream to study in Australia, then you should firstly apply for a student visa for Australia from India because without a student visa your dream of study in Australia will be shattered. You must be aware that Australia provides post-study work opportunities to students who complete their education at Australian universities. Universities in Australia thrive in research, excelling in the fields of Arts & Humanities, science, and education.
Australia Student Visa
Student Visa Australia is called Subclass 500, Australian government launched this program on July 1, 2016. Subclass 500 visa allows international students to stay in Australia for the period of their study program. which is generally valid for a maximum of 5 years and in line with your enrollment date. If you don’t want to face an arduous while staying in Australia, you have to ensure that your visa to study in Australia is legitimate and that you follow the criteria listed on your student visa.
Intakes in Australia
Most Australian universities have two intakes every year:
- Intake One: Extends from February/early March to late May/early June
- Intake Two: Extends from July/early August through to November
Eligibility for study visa Australia
Before you fill-up the study visa application you have to meet certain eligibility requirements which are mentioned below:-
- You need to have a Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) statement: This will display that your sole purpose is to study in Australia and you will return to your native country after finishing your education.
- Make sure you have proper health insurance: the reason behind this is the authorities in Australia want to make sure that if something happens to your health, you are capable to pay your own medical expenses. To show this, you\’ll have to buy an (OSHC) Overseas Student Health Cover.
- You must be in good health and have no serious ailments, if you have any serious disease your study visa may get rejected by authorities.
- If you have any type of criminal record you will not be eligible to study abroad. You will only be eligible to apply for a Study visa in Australia if you have a clean record.
- To prove your language proficiency you have to present the result of a language test such as IELTS and TOEFL.
- Certified or notarized copies transcripts/documents of your academic results
- In order to obtain a visa to study in Australia, you have to show your funds to prove that you can cover all your expenses while studying in Australia.
- You have to show proof that you have paid the requisite visa fees.
Documents required for Australia Study Visa
Here are the following documents which you will need while applying for student visa Australia:-
- The Electronic Confirmation of Enrollment is a document that serves as verification of enrollment in a college or institution.
- You should have a valid passport.
- Your Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) statement.
- All documents relating to academics and professional experience.
- Documents to show financial ability to meet all necessary expenses such as living expenses, living costs for dependents, and tuition fees.
- SOP (Statement Of Purpose)
- Details of Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)
- Recently clicked passport size photographs
- If you are under the age of 18, you will be needed to provide additional documentation such as parental consent.
- Details of Visa Application Fee
Apply for your Visa
- If you are an Indian student and want to apply for a student visa for Australia from India then firstly you need to apply to a university in Australia and get a CoE (Confirmation of Enrolment).
- Create an account on the Australian Immigration Website, while creating your profile don’t forget to keep scanned copies of all your necessary documents.
- Fill up the visa application form
- Once you completed the visa application form, attach the needed documents with it and submit your visa application.
- Pay the visa fees
- After paying your fees you will receive a TRN – Number (Transaction Reference Number) through this number you can check the status of your Student Visa Australia.